18 Nov Ideas for employees starting Work Face to Face
Do you provide new staff with instructions and ideas for how to make their first day a huge success?
Here are some ideas for employees who are starting in a face to face work environment:
1. Make sure you know where you are arriving on Day
1. Scope out the travel time, the parking or public transport arrangements. And of course, arrive a little early.
2. Dress professionally
3. Put your mobile phone on silent before entering the workplace
4. Bring a notepad and pen with you so that you have somewhere to write instructions. 5. Bring your lunch and water bottle with you. You may find it hard to leave the office on day 1 to buy anything. This is also a good way to get to know your co-workers.
6. Be open to learning. There will be lots of new information to take in over the first few weeks and even months of starting a new job.
7. We suggest you read the company website before day 1 so that you have a good understanding of what the company does, what they stand for, who their key people are and more.
8. And most importantly, remember to smile!
What would you add to the list?
Please click for more information on our HR Induction Program